Discover the new Windows sleep program that saves you money!
Download the 30-day free trial.
Current Version: 22.214.171.124, released April 10, 2017.
New! Get the free remote viewer WinSleep Monitor to see your WinSleep from anywhere!
WinSleep is a Windows utility that keeps your computer asleep when it's not busy.
- Keeps your computer asleep (while not too busy) as much as possible during periods you specify.
- Provides a detailed time-line graph showing when your computer was awake, asleep, or hibernating. WinSleep is the only Windows sleep program with this feature!
- Sleep Journal shows when/why your computer woke up or went to sleep.
- Provides convenient Sleep and Hibernate buttons for manual use when desired.
- Shows the current CPU/Disk/Network usage percentages for your computer.
- Define multiple sleep schedules (daily, weekly, or monthly timeslot), each with a designated sleep policy with its own cpu/disk/network usage limits.
- Set wake schedules and an optional task to be run at each wake.
- Saves money! A typical desktop uses 250 watts of electricity when awake, but only a few watts while asleep. Power companies (in the US) may bill at say 10 cents per kWH. This is .25 kWH @ 10 cents = 2.5 cents/hr you are saving while asleep. Say WinSleep sleeps your computer for half the day; this is $.30/day = $109.50 per year. The more you sleep, the more you save. (We didn't even count the power consumption of the computer monitor here.)
- Helps prolong the life of your desktop computer. Your disk drive is not spinning, motherboard is not powered, fan is not running (and accumulating dust inside the computer casing), and your monitors are in standby mode.
- A typical scenario - Windows Update may wake your computer at e.g. 2 a.m. - but WinSleep can put it back to sleep once the update processing is over!
- Stay in touch with your WinSleep when you are away from home! The free program WinSleep Monitor can be installed on a remote computer to see when your home computer was awake or asleep.
Requirements: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Read the WinSleep FAQ
Get the unrestricted version of WinSleep for $14.95! Buy NOW
100% CLEAN award granted by Softpedia! See the Softpedia review
Read the Editor's Review at FindMySoft.
Read the Software Informer Review.
100% Virus Free! Read the
Rarity Soft Review.
126.96.36.199 - Prevent spontaneous cancellation in Sleep Dialog when usage limits are exceeded. Minor stability fixes.
188.8.131.52 - Fixed timeline issue for multi-day awake periods.
184.108.40.206 - Fixed date limit issue in timeline for midnight power state changes.
220.127.116.11 - Deactivate all schedules on Sleep Schedules remote update, then reactivate.
18.104.22.168 - Added support for Monitor remote edit of Sleep/Wake Schedules.
22.214.171.124 - Stay Awake period is now attached to the Wake Schedule instead of the associated Task.
126.96.36.199 - Updates for Monitor 188.8.131.52.
184.108.40.206 - Respond to Monitor commands for Sleep and Hibernate (Monitor version 220.127.116.11 or greater required).
18.104.22.168 - Added support for WinSleep Monitor.
22.214.171.124 - Added Preferences dialog for miscellaneous settings.
126.96.36.199 - Added Show Help for Sleep Settings and Wake Settings windows.
188.8.131.52 - Show history log in a separate view if desired; added Window menu button at top-right of secondary views, to assist navigation.
184.108.40.206 - Added new "Graph Settings" panel to replace the time-line graph context menu.
220.127.116.11 - Add missing program-end record in case of a forced shutdown; more robust config file read/write.
18.104.22.168 - Added a Sleep Journal with wake/sleep reasons.
22.214.171.124 - Show splash screen at program start.
126.96.36.199 - Attach an optional task (run a program) to a Wake Schedule.
188.8.131.52 - Added Wake Schedules, used to schedule daily/weekly/monthly wake timers.
Please leave your comments!
If you find WinSleep a useful program, you can help by leaving your comments (as long or short as you wish) at one or several of the following sites:
WinSleep at Softpedia
WinSleep at Ivertech Software Central
WinSleep at Software Informer
WinSleep at CNET
WinSleep is also listed at:
Read the SooftWare review!
WinSleep by MollieSoft on Annesoft
WinSleep by MollieSoft on SoftwareBee
WinSleep by MollieSoft on GearDownload
WindowsManagement.com, the Internet Resource for Windows Management Tools
Free Software Games Downloads
PrLog.org - MollieSoft Announces the Release of WinSleep 184.108.40.206.
WinSleep (Windows Sleep Program) Screenshots
WinSleep Main Screen - Normal View
WinSleep Main Screen - Compact View
WinSleep Sleep Journal
WinSleep Sleep Schedules - Weekly
WinSleep Sleep Schedules - Monthly
WinSleep Wake Schedules
WinSleep Countdown Warning Dialog